Thursday 2 June 2011

Big Bag Love!!

Madeline is finally ready to make her debut......


I can't wait to hit the streets with her....


Even my mum has fallen for her and believe me she is a tough judge.....


If you're looking for a bag to make up in a weekend..... a day if you don't mess about like me..... then this is the bag for you.   It's a dream to sew.   No swearing... grinding of teeth... hair pulling or resorting to strong drink involved.   I didn't get a photo of the great zippered pocket inside.... but trust me....it is there. 

I like it so much..... I reckon I'll make another one.    After I've made Libby that is.  Looks like two bags are going to Birmingham Quilt Festival with me this year. 

I've just committed to finishing this too.....


 Nicky over at Farm Girl Stitching  blogged about wanting to finish her Butterfly Garden BOM and of course I opened my big mouth happliy agreed to join her and finish mine too.     The photo is of my progress on Block 8.... only one more block and the quilting to do after this.  Not much if you say it fast.  You can see how it looks so far here.

Now.... because I'm closer to the end than the start of BG I decided to make a start on this once I finish.....


Yep.... another BIG project that's been on my 'to do' list for way too long.   I'm so late in starting I missed the Stitch-a-long for this quilt.   I'm not buying more fabric.  I'm sure I can find something in my stash to use..... makes room for more... right!

Mac found his old police whistle yesterday.... takes me back to watching  'Dixon of Dock Green' when I was a kid.  Anyhow.... he gave a little whistle in my craft room.....


and Licky Lou gave him a look that says..... PEST!!

Till next time.....

Josie X

10 comments:

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Your Madeline bag turned out just perfect, it looks so good in that fabric! Great job!

Diana and LaDonna said...

I love the colors in your Butterfly Garden. The stitchery and the applique look so good together!

LaDonna

rosie said...

Way to go Josie, that bag looks beautiful...Love the colors in your quilt, and also the colors of your sewing room, peeking past your beautiful kittie...

Sue said...

Really like that bag, love the colours, which Birmingham are you from?
Have a good weekend!

Wendy said...

Love the bag too, looks very stylish! Your BG quilt looks amazing, what a lot of work! And Licky Lou is a beauty.

Lynda said...

Your bag turned out great! Love the colors.

Nicky said...

Your bag has turned out wonderful, wonder if it's had it's first outing yet?! So excited to be making some progress on my BG too, I've heard slow and steady wins the race. LOL
Sweet helper you have there!

Nicola said...

Love your bag - it looks great :)

Chookyblue...... said...

i'll cheer you along with the GJ quilt............go for it........lovely bag...........

BubzRugz said...

Hi Jodie, came along via Nicky to have a look at your butterfly garden work.... I have just got the kit but not started yet... then of course I had to read all over your blog... such fun...
Hugz