Friday 10 June 2011

I have a plane......

I have a plan too.... but more on that later.

Without further ado..... my first completed block of Macs Christmas Quilt.... aka A Boys Story


Drat!!  I just realised I haven't stitched the 'flight lines' behind the plane.  Double drat!!  Haven't stitched the detail on the plane either.   Just pretend you haven't noticed and I promise I'll fix it later.

This is a brilliant project for the man kid in your life.   No matter what age..... if it's male it's bound to love this quilt.    I love this bit......


It gave me the giggles the whole time I was stitching on it.   Lots more comic strips to come too.... they are so much fun to do.   I get to stitch a boat next.... and I'm already itching to get started.   After I finish the plane that is.... drat!

Now....  something for the weekend.

I have this in the hoop.....


and these in the queue for the hoop......



Yes it's no less than 4 mini blocks from Block 8 of Butterfly Garden.        If you have BG stashed... neglected and gathering dust why not join Nicky..... me and a growing gang of quilting Desperadoes......  desperate to finish this project that is..... and start stitching butterflies again.  You know you'll love it!

I've a confession to make too..... about this......


It's the first block of My Town BOM.   I've decided to start it again!

Why?

Because it's gone all stiff!

I haven't done much fusing before ... just little bits and pieces...  and there's a whole lot of it in this block.  In fact everything is fused.... even my iron!   I used Steam-a-Seam 2 Lite but it feels way too rigid for my liking.  I've blanket stitched most of it and really enjoyed doing it too.....but there's no getting away from it.... I just prefer a more  'floppy' feel to a quilt.   So..... I'm going to do the block again with needle turn applique.

Call me crazy if you like..... the truth can't hurt!

You know when I started writing this I had a plan for the weekend...... now I can't remember what it was!   DRAT!!

Perhaps I'll re-start My Town or I might just float my boat.   Hexies... now there's an idea.  Vignette has been neglected this week.  Too many choices for a procrastinator!

Reckon I'll start by doing my ironing before the heap totally blocks the light from the window.   I can stitch tomorrow.  There's Formula 1 on TV..... the Canadian Grand Prix.... love it!   Makes me stitch faster too... all those revving engines.

Or maybe I'll make a cup of tea and enjoy this......



No contest eh!

Till next time

Josie X

9 comments:

Wendy said...

I love your Boys Story block, it's so nice seeing another being made in blog land! I agree the comic strips are heaps of fun. You have lots of choice for your weekend sewing!!

Kitty said...

guess you just need me to stay to keep you on the straight and narrow . seriously the block looks great, you've obviously not been idle since i left! Can't wait to see the next block - i'm sure Mac will love it.

Nicky said...

Looking great that plane! It helps to have lots of plans - then we have the option of changing our minds *whenever* we feel like it. So you're also an F1 fan, we love it here too, though we usually have to stay up to midnight to watch it - makes for tired eyes on Monday mornings at work. lol
Have a wonderful weekend - whatever you choose to work on!

Show and Tell said...

Ia all sounds great.....Have a fantastic weekend whatever you choose to do....

Tilly said...

The block looks amazing....I think I feel another project coming on.....Now see what you've caused!!! LOL. You always love the rev of a good engine!!! Get stitching Josie. Hugs XX

rosie said...

You need a keeper Miss Josie to keep you on the straight and narrow!!! lol.... Your boys quilt is gorgeous. Hope you are having a great weekend..

annemariesquilt said...

Looks like you are super busy already but you are most welcome to join us on our Tiny Town Journy.
We have finished number 4,5,6,1 and are on our way to number 2 and 3 this summer. We are finishing 1 block eash mounth and that way we can do some other fun things in between. Just tell me if you are in and I will find a way to make it visible on my blogg that we have challenged each other ;-))
Take care and have fun!!

Raewyn said...

Hi Josie..heaps of fun and work in your post :-).... I have been so tempted to start "my town" as well - yours looks great--interesting dilemma about the weight of the applique/steam a seam; maybe I may have to needleturn mine if its going to be a problem? Your Boy's Story is progressing well - great colours.

Karen said...

I use Heat 'n Bond Lite for fusing and only a 1/4 inch rim of it around the outer edge of the applique pieces. That way the block will have that soft and floppy look you want.

Your blocks that you are working on with the comic strip embroidery is so cute. I am wondering what the quilt will look like.