Saturday 18 June 2011

Hexed!

I've been hooked on hexies this last couple of days.    So it was a no brainer to choose stitching them for FNSI.

I added these to my little stash.....


These bring me up to 30 finished.   Still a long way to go.   But I did get a few more ready to stitch .....


I'm cutting more hexies today.... honestly once you start it's impossible to stop.   I'm having a whale of a time snipping away.....


Isn't it funny how a pile of tiny scraps makes you feel really productive. 

So..... I had another really great FNSI.   Feeling the vibe and enjoying my sewing in great company.  Raised a nice glass of Shiraz to absent friends too.   Of course I had to watch more ER too.... I'm a creature of habits... most of them bad!!

Till next time

Josie X

10 comments:

Cathy said...

Your hexes are beautiful. I love your fabric choices. Hugs.

Vicki said...

Good going with the hexies

Wendy said...

Nice hexies! I love the fussy cutting that you do ... I must give that a try!

LuAnn said...

I love your hexies - beautiful fabrics. I should send you a photo of a little basket that I appliqued one evening when I had a couple glasses of wine.....I will have to add a little piece along one edge so there is a seam allowance on it!!

Show and Tell said...

Very pretty colours Josie......Looks like we were Hexing together*Grin*....I have 70 done and have cut the other 70, I also glue basted 32 last night.....I need to embroider and join up another row now so I can get some more papers out to baste some more.....And so it continues......

marina said...

your hexies look so beautiful. I love all the different steps in putting them together. Love your new projects too. Your butterfly garden blocks are gorgeous.
Good luck with your projects.

rosie said...

Lovely hexies Miss Josie, I do love the colors you have picked.. I am trying to finish things now so hexies have to wait a bit.. Love that jelly roll you recieved, and you are so going to enjoy Homespun, it's my favorite..

Mary Ann said...

Ah, hexies...fun!!

Grethe said...

Love your flowers! The Vignette mag. is great. Your hexagons will
make a super King seize bed quilt, I`m sure :-)

bere said...

Lindos trabalhos.
Mto capricho e bom gosto.
Já sou tua seguidora.
studiodabere.blogspot.com