Friday 17 June 2011

The key to success.....

is preparation... preparation.... preparation.    A gal can never be over prepared.... right!

Hence....... I decided to get some more hexies ready for sewing.  Just in case I fancy spending FNSI Friday working on my Vignette Hexagon Quilt

I've dragged everything but the kitchen sink out looking for just the right fabrics.....


Why do I bother!    I set out to make a scrappy quilt so why so much fuss.  I'll never learn.  Didn't realise I was such a control freak till now.


I know why I do it..... it's fun!

This arrived in the post today......


I've needed wanted some of this fabric for so long it's nothing short of a miracle that I didn't order it ages ago.   I was determined to resist.  Told myself I had enough jelly rolls ..... but I didn't have this one.... and it's soooooo pretty!    Besides I already have a project in mind for it..... so that makes it OK.... right. 

This arrived too.....


Yet more 'must do's' this month .... my head is spinning.   I think learning to sew with my feet actually is the only way forward.

Now then...... Bagpuss is taking FNSI really seriously this month.  He says if hoards of women are coming round for a stitch in tonight they'd better behave themselves........


OR ELSE!!

Till next time....

Josie X

5 comments:

Lynda said...

It's amazing how our "scrappy" becomes so "controlled" isn't it? I'm off today with some quilting friends for a Shop Hop. I'm so excited. Got the day off of work, packed some quilting magazines in my big bag (to put all my "must haves" in) and I'm ready to go. Is it time yet????

Tilly said...

BAGPUSS....don't give me that look!!! You know you'll get treats when the girlies are there. Enjoy your FNSI Josie, Have fun. I'll be thinking about you while having my FNSI (Friday Night Slob In). LOL. Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

You probably still want scrappy to match and look good though!!Mine is totally scrappy and might take a lot of years.... cause I've almost run out of scraps!! That's one mean looking cat you've got there!! ;)

Wendy said...

How come you have the latest Homespun before me and yet I live closer to Australia? :) Hope you have a great FNSI.

Nicky said...

Bet you went to Girl Scouts too - nothing like being prepared huh?
I'm with Wendy on the Homespun too - where's mine I wonder?
Nice jelly roll ........... and very growly cat ........ have you fed him today? lol