Thursday 24 February 2011

So near and yet so far.....

Had a bit of a disappointment this morning.  I thought I was working on the final block (9) of this quilt....


but it seems that I can't count!   There are six blocks up on the wall.   This one almost finished....


that makes seven.   Then there's this one in progress.....



that's eight!   I'm one short...... rats!!    You'll notice I've called in the hired help... bet you didn't know bears could sew.  'Stitch'  is his name and sewing is his game........ and yes I have completely lost the plot today.

I love this quilt.   I've loved every moment I've stitched on it.    Leanne's patterns are totally irresistible.  No prizes for guessing that this is her Butterfly Garden BOM. 

Does anyone actually manage to keep on target with their BOM's?   If so.... what are they on?  I've tried Yeast Vite and Sanatogen Tonic Wine .....it fortifies the over 40's but aparently it does nothing for the over 50's.  I'm still too slow to catch cold.

I'm hoping this is going to help me speed up.....



....  meet Gertie the Grand Quilter!     She arrived yesterday so we're just getting to know each other but I'm hoping  this is going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.   She's headed upstairs into the spare bedroom and onto the quilt frame I bought at the Quilt Festival in Birmingham last year. 

Have to say..... a second sewing machine was The Prophet of Doom's idea and who am I to argue with the man I married!   After all.... the world is going to end in 2012... he's watched the movie!!   Better get sewing fast then.....

I'm off on a day trip to the Spring Quilt Show in Edinburgh tomorrow.  It's not a big show but there are quilts to see... fabrics to stroke... books to drool over...  and tons of laughs to be had with my quilting buddies.

I'll tell you about it when I get home.

Till next time....
Josie

3 comments:

Pam said...

Hi Josie
Thanks for the information about the button tab - I will try that at the weekend (working tomorrow)
I can't believe this we seem to do all the sam BOMs - I have been doing Butterfly garden for ages its not finished yet (a lot of applique left. I finished Tail Feathers and Truly Scrumptious by Natalie Lymer but I think Leannes have more work in them but I really love her work best of all I think.
Take care Pam.
Cassie sends love to Bagpuus and Liqorice.

Q said...

the Prophet of Doom LOL - I love it, hope I don't have to pay you any copright infringements if I use it for anyone who annoys me :)
Thanks for discovering my blog, I think I have a sum total of 5 'real' comments, so I get really excited when someone leaves one...

I read you are petrified of machine quilting, but now you have this machine attached to a frame?! I'm very jealous...

I have finished a few tops, not finished anything with quilting yet - other than a few teeny bags, and my very first table runner, which I did by hand anyway. I am going to try to change that this month erm I mean next month!

Lynda said...

Really funny blog. I found myself laughing at your great sense of humor. Love everything you have shown. I'll be back for sure.