Saturday 17 September 2011

What did you do last night?

I'm talking about FNSI (Friday Night Sew In) here.   What you got up to when you put your sewing to one side is really none of my business. 

I was a good girl and had a very ecclesiastical evening......


I worked on the Church Block of My Town.     Choice of project was down to Raewyn.... that girl certainly is persuasive.  

Have to admit my FNSI kicked off early.   I spent the afternoon making freezer paper templates and turning edges ready for applique.   I used the spray starch and glue baste method on all but the inner scalloped edge of the steeple roof.   It's much easier to use traditional needle turn on the fancy bits.  Believe me I've tried starching wiggly bits in the past.... the result was partial baldness and a bad attitude!

Got as far as stitching the windows too....


Only one window and the door hinges to go then I can settle down to applique all the pieces in place.  I'm already thinking about which block to do next.

I had a lovely time at Sew In...... how about you? 

I'm going blog hopping right now to find out for myself what other FNSI'ers were doing last night.....

See ya soon...

Josie X

14 comments:

LeKaQuilt said...

Gorgeous block, I love house quilts. Take care ! Hugs

Raewyn said...

Wahoo!! Way to go Josie!!Your block is looking great -- and I'm so pleased to see you say..."and I'm already planning what block to do next". Congratulations on a successful night!

Linda Coleman said...

what a beautiful block. the fabrics are lovely

Anonymous said...

Looks really cute, Josie!! I did some more stitching (not much!) on my Sew Deer project. Slowly coming together!

Fiona said...

Lovely work.. all the prep takes me such a long time... I really want to do this quilt one day....
Hugz

rosie said...

Miss Josie, you are such a character (dag) (farm girl aussie slang)!!! Your church block is looking great....

Unknown said...

Prepping is always the longest task but Important I Think...
Lovely Block.
cheers

Q said...

I did do a little bit of stitching coincidentally last night on Vignette blocks 5 and 9. Your My Town is looking great, I'm not quite game enough to take on more than one block of the "x" So sticking with Vignette for a while... Who knows I may branch out before it's done :D
Hope you enjoyed your FNSI

Anonymous said...

You had a great FNSI. What a pretty block.

Show and Tell said...

Well done Josie....It is looking fab....This is one of my fav blocks....I am doing all of mine blanket stitch....I do love needle turn but am not quite confident enough yet....x

Wendy said...

Your block is gorgeous Josie, I really love the look of this quilt and you are doing a great job! I have tried the starch and glue method yet.

Debbie said...

cool block! It looks challenging but you are doing a lovely job on it!

Gina said...

I love the colors and design of the Church block. It's absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on getting so much done on FNSI!

Gina said...

Josie, thanks for visiting my blog and the encouragement on mitered borders. I'm going to try it with a test block and will post my results!