Thursday 29 September 2011

Christmas is coming.........

and the heat is on!!     I don't know exactly how many days it is till Santa slides down the chimney but methinks I'm going to have find my turbo boost button and make a serious effort to finish this.......


Mad Mac's Christmas surprise!   I guess it'll be a surprise if I get it done in time.    In case you're wondering why I'm showing photos of these blocks again..... they have changed since the last time I blogged about them.    I've finally finished tweaking all the stitchery bits.

The plane has it's markings and flight path (albeit in the wrong direction).....


And the ship can be steered and the anchor dropped .......


The next block.... the kite..... is my project for the weekend.   If I don't get sidetracked that is.

 I've been busy double glazing My Town church too......


Ta da!!  It's finished.... done... complete... not another stitch to do.   That makes three blocks finished this week.  Actually it gets even better than that.  I've been working on Vignette blocks 2/3 too and am now only 4 tiny applique hearts away from another finish.    I won't show you a photo yet.  I've got to hold something back for blogging emergencies!

Now I don't know if you've noticed but.............


I'm officially a SWAPPER!!    Am I allowed to say that before I actually 'swap' anything or do I have to wait till it's a done deal before claiming the title.    Actually I'm a virgin swapper as this is my very first time.    I'm taking it all very seriously.  In fact.... earnest procrastination over choice of gift is well under way.  I'll let you know when I reach the hair pulling and feeling permanently nauseous stage.

Chookyblue has sent me my partners name (it might be YOU) but as I'm sworn to secrecy and her reputation for violence scares me.... I will not reveal even a single letter of her name.  Guess that rules out the boys eh!

Last Friday I took a trip and bought a treat........


after seeing the sample on display I just couldn't walk away without the pattern.   It's called Flower Garden and it's made with a jelly roll.   I bought the pattern from Daisy Chain Designs stand at the Scottish Quilt Championships show in Edinburgh.

Last week was very hectic for me.... for someone who's entire annual social calendar can be documented on the head of a pin in capital letters..... a day out constitutes a hectic week.   Get the picture?  Actually you can't 'get the picture' because I forgot to take my camera!!   How lame brained was that. 

Here is how the day went.....   Chris and I drove to Edinburgh.  Picked up coffees at Costa Coffee on the way... I get a skinny latte with peppermint syrup in case you're interested.  A store bought coffee is a real treat for me.... like I said... I don't get out much.

 We met up with Kitty and Tilly at the show.   Looked at lovely quilts.  Laughed a lot.  Bought one or two goodies.  Laughed some more.  Met up with Pat who laughed till she almost cried. A nice customer of hers laughed a lot too.   If you happen to be her..... 'HI'!!   Finally Chris and I hugged Kitty and Tilly... in the best possible taste.... and headed for home.

We stopped off at Ikea so's I could buy more of the plastic storage containers I'm addicted to.  Picked up a bookcase with doors (reckon it's a cupboard) for my mum.  Then on to the good bit..... we bought hot dogs and chips on the way out.

Don't you just love hot dogs!  They way the skin 'pops' when you take that first bite.... enough!

Kitty arrives tomorrow for a long weekend.   I'm hoping to get lots done.  I'm hoping to blog about it too.

Right now it's getting very late and I really need to stop boring you all and go to bed.....

Night...night then....

Josie X

9 comments:

Raewyn said...

Oh Josie, you are never boring!!Love all your blocks --especially the My Town church :-) and your new pattern is extra nice. I know your secret Santa swap person isn't me, as I haven't signed up--but it does sound fun so maybe next year I will get brave! I've just noticed - are all your blocks needleturn?? if so, I'm doubly impressed. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I love your blocks. They are beautiful. It sounds like we could fit my social calendar onto that pin head with yours. lol. Your posts make me smile and laugh. Thanks for sharing. Oh and I have Secret Santa Christmas envy. Wish I had known about it and could've gotten in. Have fun!

Wendy said...

I love how your Boys Story is looking and the church block is lovely too ... lots of gorgeousness as usual! I'm a first time swapper too, doing Cookies and Creams keeper swap.

Chookyblue...... said...

welcome to your first swap.........maybe you have been reading too much of the SAL blog about the whip.........lol.........have fun working out your swap projects.........

Unknown said...

Love how your Toy Story is coming along...
Enjoy Your Swap...they can be Fun!
cheers

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Josie! I've popped across from Chookyblue's blog ... I'm a swapper too, but am a seasoned pro (in the nicest possible way!!) as I head into my fourth SSCS with Donna! She really isn't TOO violent ... though I have been threatened with that whip from time to time! :0) And I think you and I have the opposite problems with our social calendars ... I don't think I got as much sewing done this week as you, so perhaps we need to take tips from each other to find a balance! :0) Enjoy your week - Bear Hugs! KRIS

Anonymous said...

Oh my, the quilt is going to be fabulous! I love all the photos.

rosie said...

Hi Miss Josie... I hope you got me... you would tell wouldn't you!!!! I absolutely love your boys story quilt... just love the colors.. did you use a special range or just stash?

Anonymous said...

love that pattern Josie i am also in Chooky's secret santa and this is my 1st time in her xmas swap,your blocks look great,well done