Wednesday 14 September 2011

It's here......

and I can hardly wait to look inside.


It just so happens that Sandy timed it's arrival perfectly to coincide with this........


how about that for the icing on the cake!   Now.... which one will I choose?   More to the point... will I be able to stop at one.

Before my fingers get too sticky to type I thought I'd show you where I'm up too with the new quilt project. First there are these.....

and then there are these.....


24 blocks in total.  All pieced and ready for sashing.   I wish you could see in 'in the flesh'.   Hushabye is such a gorgeous fabric it's impossible not to be in love with this project.   I'll be snuggling under this quilt this winter for sure.

Boy... that was a rash statement.  I've got to overcome my dread of FMQ before I can do any snuggling at all.   I do have a plan though (when have I not) but you'll have to wait a while to find out what it is.  Sorry.

Right now I need to decide what I'm going to do this Friday because.....


it's that time again!    I'm really looking forward to this one because for reasons unbeknownst to me I managed to miss out on the last two Friday Night Sew In's.    I don't intend to miss this one.   If you fancy joining me and all the other FNSI'ers just click on the button on my sidebar and sign up... easy peasy!

Back to plans for Friday.  Will I choose... A Boys Story.... Vignette.... My Town... Tiny Town...  Up Town... Down Town... Around the Town.... Hexies... or something completely different.    Decisions.... decisions.    My brain is all fired up.  Unfortunately my body hasn't realised yet! 

Heck.... my cuppa tea's gone cold.  I'm off to make another then I can get my soon to be sticky fingers on those cakes!!  Yummmmm.......

You'll need to get here quick if you want one.......

Till next time
Josie X

7 comments:

{oc cottage} said...

How is it that I have never heard of VIGNETTE? Do I live under a darn rock? I have to go search it out today! Thx for the 411!! ;}

m ^..^

LeKaQuilt said...

What a greate day !

Fantastic magazine, delicious cake and beautiful fabrics .....

Anonymous said...

That was a rather rash statement! I know you can do it though. FMQ in a large scale scares the pants off of me!! (Thankfully not literally!) Good luck!! Yummo... love your sweet treats!!

Kristen King said...

Sounds like you and I both have lots to work on this Friday night! Happy Stitching! :)

Wendy said...

Lucky you, I haven't got my Vignette 4 yet, hopefully this week? You will have such fun on FNSI, you will be able to choose exactly what you feel like sewing. Yummy looking sweet treats!

Raewyn said...

oh your project is so yummy!!! Looking forward to seeing the 'big picture'. I'd love to see you do a My Town block for FNSI....but -no pressure- the choice is yours!! Hope you enjoyed your scrummy looking treat/s!

Q said...

I am expecting Vignette 4 today, very exciting stuff! I love how everytime I get one I get a rush of motivation to get back to it! now I have to know, the white bun with the cream in the middle, looks like a kitchener bun... is it covered in icing? cos I thought a kitchener bun could not be improved in any way... but ?! :D