Wednesday 7 September 2011

Have you guessed.....

which Moda Bakeshop recipe I'm cooking up.   I'm sewing every opportunity I get....


Got my pedal to the metal chaining pieces.   That's no mean feat for me because chaining has a tendency to really confuse me.    I start off  determined to concentrate really hard but somehow I always end up in a guddle (mess).  

So... I decided to cut myself some slack and chain in small batches so I do  have a few complete blocks.


It's good to have something straightforward and relaxing to work on  


and the more I piece the prettier it gets.  It was a good choice to get me back in the saddle.

Another project making a  welcome return is this....


yes... it is blocks 2/3 of Vignette and it's still a WIP but I'm back to working on it too.    Notice the magnifying lamp.... it's my new best friend.    I can't believe the difference it's making to my stitching.  Now that I can actually see what I'm doing.... I'm doing it much faster!  

OK... I have a hot date with the TV and this.......


an evening of American Major League Baseball.   I'm a total addict.   I was lucky enough to go to a Mariners game in Seattle a few years ago and that was me.... hooked.   Who'd have thought...... I even sing the song at the 7th inning stretch!!    Wonder if I can persuade Mac to have Hot Dogs for supper......

Till next time.....

Josie X 

12 comments:

LeKaQuilt said...

I LOVE nine patch blocks/quilts and I'm looking foreward to see yours - the fabric you're using is gorgeous!
Take care!

Nicky said...

Nice new project, it's looking good. I hope the right team one the baseball! I'm so happy to hear that guddle is a real word! My Mum always used it and now I tell my kids their rooms are a guddle and to tidy them up - they and hubby look at me like I'm talking a foreign language. But maybe I am....LOL

Nicky said...

Oops I think that should have been WON the baseball! Looks like it's going to be a long day. lol

Anonymous said...

I like what I see!! Those colours are great! Baseball?? Have fun! Not my thing! DH loves it though! Hope the hot dogs went down a treat! Vignette... you're putting me to shame Josie... STOP IT! I still haven't managed to start 2/3 yet!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

It looks so pretty. Can't wait to see more. Great to see that you have also reconnected with Vignette Block 2/3. You will be making huge progress before you know it.

Janet said...

I love the quilt that your working on!! Both the pattern and the fabric. Glad to know you enjoy our baseball. I grew up watching the Atlanta Braves :)

Karen said...

I have no idea what project you're working on, but I would have bribed you with something to get my hands on your Tula Pink fabric. I am in the middle of making a quilt for my sister using nothing but Tula Pink fabric from 4 of her design lines but really wanted a second charm pack of Full Moon Forest to complete the top. Be sure to show us the finished project. Thanks!

Raewyn said...

Ohhh its gorgeous - I'm sure I need some, whatever it is! I'm with you on chain piecing - if I get too carried away I get muddled. Love the guddle word - and others you pop into your conversation now and again. My grandmother was born in Scotland but she didn't use interesting words like that!!

rosie said...

I just love that fabric Josie... much more than I do the baseball!! And I also love the new Scottish word!! Guddle...

Kathy said...

Just what I needed - a reminder of the Vignette quilt! It will be my next long-term project when I have finished Lynette Andersons Christmas Fun button Club quilt. I love the colours you have chosen :)

Wendy said...

I love the look of the new quilt, and I'm with you, I only do little bits of chain piecing.

Unknown said...

Love your fabrics and chain piecing is the way to go...lots of progress.
cheers