Monday 28 February 2011

I made a plan.....

and I managed to stick to it!     I'm still patting myself on the back for that one.

I decided to get a grip.... and get a grip on this BOM that I'm lagging way behind on.  It's 'Twisted Tradition' by Sue Ross which I signed up for last year with Material Obsession in Australia.



  It has to be said that the fabric combinations for this quilt are way out of my comfort zone.   That was the main reason I signed up for it.   That and the fact that is has some of the most dastardly piecing known to Quilters and I am fearless foolhardy.

Did the fussy cutting first with the aid of a cup of strong tea and a tranquilizer.



I made that card template too.  Alright the instructions were in the pattern but I still think it's pretty amazing.  I'd never cut a 'fussy' template before but I could be forming an addiction.

The rest of the cutting was straightforward...


Sounds too good to be true doesn't it.....right!

I did make a stupid mistake when I cut the large yellow squares and the purple print squares.  I cut 4 of the 10 squares of each fabric 1/8" out.   I cut the two fabrics separately so it must be a talent I have!

Apart from that little hic I had a lovely relaxing time making up the block.   Here's how it looks..




Here it is again with the other two blocks I've got done.



You know something......I don't care any more that this quilt was out of my old comfort zone..... I'm developing a new one and I'm loving it.

Tomorrow I'll start on the next block but  right now I'm off  for a spell of lovely peaceful stitching on my Vignette BOM. 

Till next time......
Josie

5 comments:

Theresa said...

oh those are beautiful blocks congratulations - amazing what one can achieve with the aid of a strong cuppa :D

Anonymous said...

Wow! I understand what you mean about out of your comfort zone... It's totally different to anything I'd ever do... but it's interesting!

happydaysquilting said...

Interesting fabric choice! but the block looks great completed. Your fussy cutting has worked its magic.s

Q said...

the blocks are really striking... I don't think my brain understands comfort zone, I see something I like and think oh I will do that. Only on trying to complete something overly complex or ambitious do I realise maybe it would have been better to tackle something simpler first.

It's part of the fun of being me right? Looking forward to seeing your progress on Vignette

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I have this BOM tucked away in a box.........it sure is challenge and I need to get some blocks done...........goodluck.........