Saturday 26 February 2011

There's no business like show business......

... and there is nothing like a visit to a quilt show to make a gal want to rush home to grab her equipment (the sewing sort) and get started.   

Let's face it..... I need to start a new project like I need a wart on my nose but I'm feeling very twitchy today.  This is why.....


not one but two gorgeous Layer Cakes from Moda... Sunkissed and Bliss.   Then there is this.....



...this book has been on my wish list for ages and you know what they say about a bird in the hand.  It's by  Susan Briscoe and it's packed full of the most gorgeous blocks you could imagine.  I've just had another peek inside and ... I kid you not..... I'm drooling!  

Stitch & Maisie are keen to get started with this little lot too.....



A few luscious reds for the Dear Jane box.  Three scrumptious pastels destined for stash.  Five really yummy perle cottons just coz I couldn't resist them and they were on special offer.   And the deal of my day.... a Dresden ruler for just £2.99!!

I didn't buy any of the above because I wanted to you understand.   I spent only to help the quilting economy in the UK.  I did my civic duty..... and the band played believe it if you like.... boom...boom!!

Sadly my spending is going to be severely curtailed for a while.  Maisie tells me there is no money left in the Kitty!



Of course there is more to the show than retail therapy there are lots of lovely quilts on display too.   Here are a few that really caught my eye.....



This one is gobsmackingly gorgeous.  It was made by Patricia McLaughlin.    Her applique is to die for.
Click on the photo a couple of times to enlarge and you'll see what I mean.   Fabulous!!  



Another one by Patricia McLaughlin with more fab applique.  Can you tell yet that I was smitten by her work.   The border is packed with birds and little animals.

She has pattern source books for sale on her web site too.    There must be some way I can make extra cash.....   suggestions on a postcard please.



This one's by Ineke Berlyn.    I'd love to do a class with her one day.


I did take more photo's but to be honest they didn't come out at all well.   I'm a terrible photographer at the best of times.  You could give a monkey a camera and it'd get better shots than me!  

Heavens... I've rambled on way too long.  My dad always said I was vaccinated with a gramophone needle!

I'll leave you in peace to ponder then....

Till next time
Josie

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hi Josie
Great to hear about the spring quilt fair because I am off there in a couple of weeks when it comes to Cambridge (only to look at the quilts you understand not to spend any money...........)
Take care Pam

Lynda said...

My teenaged daughter (unbeknownst to me) wrote everyone she knew..cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends, teachers...and told them she wanted to go to Israel with a tour group and if they could just send a couple of dollars it would really help. She actually got several hundered dollars!!! That's when I found out. She had a great time in Israel. Of course, I don't recommend such a plan, but.......