Sunday 6 December 2015

Was it good for you?

It was great for me.   I'm talking about FNwF's of course.

I had a surprise visitor.   My Mojo!   Don't know where it's been hiding for the last few weeks but was I glad to have it back.   Together again we had a really fun evening.    This is how it started....


with boxes of inner and outer drunkards path block components or as I prefer to call them... pies and crusts.  This diet is really messing with my head.    I set up the tubs to the right of my sewing station on a rickety old collapsible  table I found in the Bat Cave.   Smart move.   Might not have  been so smart if the table had fallen to bits and spread my pie parts all over the sewing room floor.  Fortunately... my luck held.   Pretty soon I had a nice production line going.

Nothing could phase me on Friday evening.   I didn't even get flustered when my precious Pfanny Pfaff decided she wasn't too sure about the curve master foot after all.   She showed her displeasure time and again by chittering her spool, throwing out a couple of wonky stitches then tangling threads just to show who was in charge.    I was patient with her.   Did what had to be done to keep her comfortable and sewed on.

When TV time came around and I had to stop playing I counted up my blocks.   I was hoping I'd managed to sew about 30 quarter circle blocks.  Well imagine how chuffed I was to find I'd actually managed 63 !!!    I'm still happy dancing.


To celebrate I raised a glass of vino and toasted  Cheryll and all my FNwF's companions.   I was so excited I drank the whole bottle.....


Yep..... this diet really is messing with my head!      It may not have been much but it was the perfect end to a lovely day.

Thank you Cheryll for a really lovely evening.   Hope you and all who joined in enjoyed themselves as much.    I'll be around to check.

Earlier... when I arrived home after the grocery run soaking wet and prepared to kill for a cup of tea and a sit in front of the wood stove I found this in the postbox......



my face went from grumpy to happy in a split second.   Doesn't take much eh!

I'm going now because I want to spend this Sunday afternoon catching up with what you've all been up too.

The sun is shining and I intend to enjoy every little moment of brightness because it's going to be short lived.    We've been pummelled by Storm Desmond with his torrential rain and gale force winds for the last 24 hours.   Flooding everywhere.   Still... a few hours respite is not to be sniffed at when there is more rain and wind forecast for tomorrow.    Santa better get some scuba gear if he wants to visit here.

OK..... I have a hot date with my web browser.... see you soon.....

Have fun... cause a ruckus and don't forget to laugh in the face of adversity.  Folks will think you're mad but we know different.....

Hugs
Josie  xxxx

19 comments:

Jeanette said...

Glad your mojo is back Josie. As always your post is a great read & brought a smile to my face. Love the pattern. It's on my "to do" list. Maybe next year ."sigh". Hugs,xx

kiwikid said...

Wow 63 blocks!!! That is fantastic!!!! Well done your mojo sure is back...how nice to have all the pieces cut so you can just sit and sew away......I hope Pfanny Pfaff became more cooperative as the evening went on, cheeky thing!!! I hope the weather improves for you, sounds pretty bad over there...can't have you floating away or getting wet feet in the bat cave!!!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

You and your mojo worked very well together. Hope there was no reverse sewing after the vino lol! Love your new pattern...stay warm, dry and safe x

LuAnn said...

Glad you've found your quilting mojo. Mine has been missing for awhile as well. I wish I knew why that happened to us and how we fix it when it does happen. I've been knitting a lot, but I'm kind of excited about the new Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt so I'm working on that now. Love your fabrics.

Radka said...

Glass of Merlot? Such a great idea! :-)
xx

Christine M said...

Sounds like you're one happy camper there Josie!

Kel said...

My mojo up and left too! Thankfully it returned last week, lol, albeit a little tamer than previously, who's complaining?!!
I'm glad yours has returned, it's horrible being in quilt limbo.
Love your pies and crusts xoxo

Sisbabestitches said...

Wow 63 blocks! Even with Ms Pfaff being stroppy! Fabulous effort :) And well done on maintaining a solid mostly positive attitude throughout :) Hope the weather calms down some, here we're having the other extreme, dry as and bl*&dy hot! Maybe with a little cajoling Mother Nature will moderate things for both of us ;)

Ondrea said...

Good to see you were on a roll and completed so many blocks. Well done girl! Watch that vino. it tends to sneak up on you. LOve that new pattern you received. Looking forward to seeing you play with that.

margaret said...

so good your mojo is back and all those drunken paths stitched, not one I have tried but like the idea of random fabrics and hope you were okay after a BOTTLE of wine?? think you would be walking a drunkard path after all that!!

Yvonne W said...

Glad to see that you have your sewing mojo back again. Impressive 63 blocks!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Josie,
very much sewing going on at your place on Friday night. Love the design of the quilt. What a beauty.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Maria said...

It is great you have your mojo and made all those blocks...

Linda in Calif. said...

Oooh! You sewed like a mad women. And drank wine too. Now that's what I call a good FNWF!

Lin said...

Good to see your post Josie - always makes me smile. Hope you have survived the storm - the flooding looks awful. xx

Cath said...

Hello Josie! wow, you certainly had a good night sat at the sewing machine...I loved the bit where you hoped you had achieved 30, only to find you had sewn 60+...well done girl! you deserved a whole bottle of wine!

Käthe said...

So viele Blocks hast du genäht ?
Da warst du ja sehr fleißig. Und alle sehen so schön aus.
Viel Spaß beim zusammen nähen.
Liebe Grüße
Käthe

Raewyn said...

Woohoo with the return of the mojo - great sewing and sounds like a great wee party at your house. Lovely new pattern, that will keep you out of mischief for a while! PS I enjoyed your previous post too :-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.