Monday 20 April 2015

What happened to FNSI ?

 I fell asleep.... that's what!  I was so looking forward to a cosy evening in front of the wood stove stitching along with all my FNSI friends too.   Rats!

I did manage to focus my one good eye long enough to choose this little stitchery kit to work on....


The perfect choice given my tenuous hold on consciousness .... a kit.   It had everything.   Fabric, threads, wadding and even a needle.  All I had to do was open the packet and stitch.   That's not quite true.  I did have to trace the design onto the fabric...


You can just about see the design there.  I ditched my Pigma pen in favour of a fabric pencil to do the tracing.  Felt it was a bit safer to use something I could correct if my wandering eye strayed off the lines.

I settled down in my recliner to stitch....  so warm... so cosy.... so sleepy!

Much later... when I came too I stitched...... during TV time in the workshop with Mac.  No mean feat given it's dark in there....


seems that wonky trees are my new speciality!

Since I last posted I did finish the three Stonefields blocks I was working on.   I've taken hundreds (!) of photos of them and still can't get a decent one to show you.    I'll try again.... you will get to see them... whether you want to or not.

I have a new pattern to love.....

 up

from the Temecular Quilt Company in California.    As the finished quilt is 40" x 40" I figure it'll be a nice one to work on as a little light relief when the 'biggies' are decimating my brain cells.   I have another pattern combo on the way from this company too.... more minis to relax with.

Now... a little news on my Natures Journey project.    No sewing on the April blocks yet I'm afraid.   My block of the month for April arrived just yesterday.   No worries.   There are still 13 days to stitch before the wrath of Chookyblue  is unleashed..... gulp!   I am not afraid... I'm not... honest!

That's it for the stitching news. I hope you all you girls that joined in the stitch-a-long  managed to do better than I did on Friday.   If you don't know what FNSI is go  HERE to find out what it's all about and to find links to everyone who joined in.    Who knows... you might be tempted to sign up next month.

Now. Do you know what this is.....


It looks so exotic it's hard to believe it's humble Rhubarb!   Weird how that leaf  looks like a brain isn't it.   Maybe one day thinking Rhubarb will rule the world.   It might just make a better job of it than politicians too.     One day they really will take me away......... ho hum

It's that time of the year when the weather has improved enough for me to start clearing up the winter mess in the garden.    I started by clearing the veggie bed and tidying the flower bed by the greenhouse then power washing all the paths......


Can't clean the greenhouse itself because.... it's about to collapse!     Mac needs to decide whether he wants a replacement greenhouse or a couple of poly tunnels.   It could take a while for him to get around to thinking about it.... put it this way... I'm not holding my breath.     At least it has somewhere tidy to fall onto.

I carried on power washing the conservatory and the patios until rain stopped play for a couple of days.   Last Monday was fair.... cold and windy but dry.   An opportunity to power wash the very last dirty patio of spring.    By the time I'd set up the hose and the power washer I was frozen.   Not to be daunted I put on a second fleece and pinched borrowed Macs Peruvian hat complete with tassels.   Not a good look on me it has to be said.

Three hours later I was done.... done in!  Frozen to the bone, soaking wet, stiff as a post but still standing.   Impressive eh!   Did you know that fat freezes fast and hard?  Well it does.  It's been a week since I cleaned that patio and I can still feel the permafrost in my bum.  

Now... they say every picture tells a story.   Miss Maisie guarding what she sees as her personal supply of cat biscuits.  Note... she's already been busy opening the pack.....


Along comes Mimi.     Honestly.... does she look like a biscuit thief to you?  Seems Maisie isn't prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt......


A preemptive bop on the bonce will show her who's in charge of the biscuit bag....    


Poor Mimi.... she didn't see it coming.    Happy to say the only thing hurt was her pride.  Cats... don't you just love them.

I really must go to bed now.  It's way past my bedtime.    It remains to be said that if you sewed along on Friday I will be popping by to see what you got up too.  Might take me a few days to get around you all but I will.  

Thanks Wendy for another lovely sew in.   I'm already looking forward to the next one...:o)

OK... it's up the golden staircase for me....

Hope you all have a great week
See ya soon..
Hugs
Josie xxx

20 comments:

wish2stitch said...

I have to admit, if I don't sit down at night with sewing in my hand, I too fall alseep. My brother and I used to tease my mother about that when we were kids. Now I understand. Glad you got a bit done. The rhubarb photo is very cool. I certainly couldn't guess what it was. Your new project looks lovely. Good luck with your SAL this month. You are brave, I hear that Chooky can be scary ;)

Khris78 said...

What a gorgeous little stitchery.... Glad you got some stitching done ;))

Cath said...

Ah Josie, your blog always makes me smile. I think you did quite well with your very cute stitchery considering you slept most of the time. Lovely to see and read about other aspects of your life too aka...gardening and kitties!

Raewyn said...

I love your latest stitchery Josie, I'm pleased your eyes stayed open (re-opened) long enough to get a little done :-) Hope the spring warms up a little so your spring cleaning is more pleasant. The first photo of Miss Maisie shows her looking so sweet and so unlikely to bop anything let alone her buddy Mimi!

barb's creations said...

Oh my you did make me laugh! Hey even a little bit done is better than nothing and I too love seeing into your life through your picture's I hope your bum has thoroughly thawed out by now lol :) Barb.

Christine M said...

I think we've all sat down ready to stitch but fallen asleep before, Josie. That is a lovely little stitchery.

Jeanette said...

As always you bring a smile to my face. Glad you got some stitching done. Hugs, xx

kiwikid said...

Ah you make me laugh too!! I have yet to see a perfectly straight tree in the out doors so I reckon yours are fine!! Must have been super cosy in your chair. The cats are funny...guess head of the cats in your house is decided!! That rhubarb photo is amazing!Good luck with the greenhouse decision!! Very nice new pattern!!

Sparky said...

so darn cute, and your cats....A for adorable...love when cats play

Anonymous said...

I love your little sheep, that's going to be a lovely block.

ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

Ondrea said...

I wish I could fall asleep so easily. Love your little kit project. Also love your cats, so pretty. I kiss my cat terribly. Looks like the weather is nice there atthe moment. This past week we have had summer, spring and winter! So typical here down South in Australia. I guess it is preparing me for the Scottish Highlands lol.

Maria said...

Nice block you are working on Josie..
Interesting rhubarb plant..
Cute cats..

SuperMomNoCape said...

You managed to get more done than I did. Our daughter came to visit for the weekend and I completely forgot about FNSI. That's a cute little project that you worked on.

I've started a new Stitchery Link Party and I'd love to have you come link up this post (or one of your other ones.) http://www.supermomnocape.com/2015/04/20/vintage-embroidery-monday-stitchery-link-party-2/

Michelle Ridgway said...

A nice cosy fire is definitely dangerous to even the slightly weary. Ours makes my eyes slam shut too. I love your cute stitchery and the new one looks beautiful. Well done all your hard work out in the elements.

Deb R said...

I fall asleep too if I don't have something in my hands at night lol, your block is going yo be cute!

Linda in Calif. said...

Remember when anything sheep (ewe) was so in style? I do really love this little stitchery you are working. Of course I forgot all about FNSI. Maybe next month.

Chookyblue...... said...

nice projects........glad you lived to tell the story about the cleaning........

Yvonne W said...

I love the sheep on the hill embroidery-- very cute.

Yvonne W said...

I love the sheep on the hill embroidery-- very cute.

Radka said...

I put it down to the time of year, I could sleep all the time at the moment, LOL!
I love the look of your new pattern.
xx