It figures that if you start trying to sew in a disaster zone nothing good is going to come of it. True to form.... it didn't!
My plan for FNWF was to start making new liners for all the baskets I have in here. This is as far as I got....
First off..... I took measurements from the old liner. Checked out how it was put together and decided to just copy the construction. Smart move. Saves me from having to think for myself therefore avoiding potential headaches.
Cut three rectangles. One for the bottom and two to be joined into a tube to make the sides. Joined the two side seams then made fitting darts 6" away from the seams from the bottom to about 4" up the sides. Clever girl.... so far so good. Then I decided try the sides for fit before I stitched them to the bottom.
That's when the trouble started. Sure it fitted around the top when I turned it out over the rim but the inside looked more like a pair of baggy bloomers than a nice smart lining. Grrrrr...... I was not happy! Something was wrong.... very wrong.
Well the first wrong thing was this.......