Sunday 5 July 2015

FNWF and other stuff.....

I really hate to say this but I think I'd do much better if Friday Night with Friends was on a Wednesday!   

Don't know about you but my Fridays are guaranteed to be frustrating.   Grocery shopping for instance...  who doesn't hate that.   I'd give my eye teeth to live in a French or Italian hill village. One with a beautiful village square and an outdoor food market filled with scrumptious freshness.  I can smell coffee and croissants right now.... ahhhhhh.   

I wouldn't care if I never saw another supermarket in my life!   Every Friday I say 'never again'  and vow to order next weeks groceries on line and have them delivered but I never do it.   I suppose I'm just too picky to let someone else choose my chicken!

Sorry.... you came to see what I sewed with Friends on Friday not to listen to me moan.   Without further whinging here's what I got up too.....


I can't claim to have stitched all of the above on Friday evening .... I'm not that speedy.  The little lollipop trees and the cabbages (!) next to them I made earlier.    Friday night I appliqued and stitched the little blocks (bottom right) then prepped and began to applique the longer blocks on the right.

"That's not much"..... I can hear you muttering.    Well it was a lot for a woman with only one eye!

Yes... I'm still having eye trouble.  If it carries on much longer I'm changing my name to Cyclops. Took the problem to the Dr who gave me a steroid spray to stick up my nose.... very useful.  Friday morning the offending eye and cheek turned red and began swelling.  By the time I arrived home I looked like I'd taken right hook from a heavyweight boxer.   What was that all about!    I give up!

Swelling has gone down now.   Eye is still constantly wet and running and randomly making it's own decisions on whether to focus or not.    Back to normal then......

Deep breaths......

Ok.....    here's something nice (well I think it is).   The completed June blocks for my Natures Journey BOM.....


I think this is my favourite 'month' for blocks so far......


really enjoyed stitching all of them.    Was only a day and a half late for the end of the month deadline too.   I would have finished on time but just as I was taking the photo's to post to the SAL blog I realised my ladybugs were headless and legless.   I couldn't show them like that now could I... I do have some standards.....not many but some.

Now.... remember those second projects the girls were working on on retreat.... the ones I forgot to take photo's of?    Well here's Chris showing her 'second' quilt of that week......


Amazing what can be made from just one Jelly Roll isn't it.

This one is Sally's second project that she put the finishing touches too when she got home.....


It's a Hatched and Patched design.... love all those perfect little houses.

Had a lovely visit from Tina last week ....


she brought her latest EPP project to layer and baste.  This is a mat for her bathroom window sill...  lovely.

That's it for now.... I've nothing else to show you.

Time to get myself some lunch (late) and settle down to enjoy the afternoon watching the British Grand Prix and indulging in a spot of leisurely blog visiting.... bliss!

See you soon then.....
Have a great week
Hugs
Josie.....xxxxx

24 comments:

sunny said...

For a one-eyed Cyclops, I think you've done quite well! I think I might consider trying a new doctor, though. Love your Nature's Journey blocks. I decided against starting that one - a little too intense for my skill level. Stitch on.

Radka said...

I like your sweet little blocks :-)
xx

Anthea said...

Josie, your Cyclops issues don't seem to be hampering your ability to produce some gorgeous stitching... I hope the eye issues can get sorted soon, sounds like a pain the butt!

Anthea said...

whoops, missed a word: pain IN the butt

gracie said...

Love all the projects..... I am not fond of grocery shopping either.... but I would be awfully hungry if not....

Maria said...

I reckon you did a fantastic job for a one eyed gal....
You did get some blocks done and I like all your NJ ones...
Lovely projects your friends have made.

Take care and I do hope you eye gets better soon.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Josie,
hope your eye will get well soon. love your Journey blocks.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Gina said...

Sorry you are still having problems with your eye but you've done some wonderful work.
I feel your pain with the shopping. I live 5 mins away from a supermarket ( it's quicker to walk than drive) and I hate going there for a 'big shop'. I tend to go everyday but just for the few things I want that day. I'm in and out with little fuss then and it makes it slightly more bearable

Lin said...

I am so sorry but I laughed my way through all your problems!! I do hope the eye is responding to the treatment up your nose! To be serious you have shown us some lovely work too. I very much enjoyed your post. xx

Käthe said...

Oh was für schöne kleine Blöcke !
Liebe Grüße
Käthe

Chookyblue...... said...

hope the eye is all better very soon.............your NJ blocks are lovely well done..........

Jeanette said...

I hate grocery shopping too. When i make plans for the Friday night sew along something always happens so i don't plan anymore. Your stitching looks great. Hope your eye problem gets sorted soon. Hugs,xx

Melody said...

I can really identify with you comments on supermarket shopping...not much fun. Sorry to hear about your eye problems too. Lovely stitching, esp by a cyclops

Ondrea said...

Oh dear! You have been in the wars you poor love. How did you manage to do so much stitching ? All looks great!

Fiona said...

as usual some lovely projects to look at and your wonderful humour to listen to... sorry about the eye.. I do hope it sorts out quicksmart...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh you poor thing. I hope it gets better soon. Lovely stitching and I loved your friends show and tell too x

Cath said...

Don't fret Josie, I think you did more than I managed for FNWF! I really get where you are coming from about the supermarket......Fortunately, I live in a smaller town now...not quite a french village.....but the supermarket is alot quieter.....if you can pick your time there, which I do of course. Hope the eye comes right soon.

Susan said...

That must be so frustrating - how we value our eyes!!! Need a different doctor perhaps for a second opinion??

Your sewing all loooks lovely...that other one would be In My garden ?? correct??

Personally I think FNWF should be on Thursday - TV is ususally pretty bad and I dont work Thursdays - I'd get a lot more done ...in fact I think from now on I will do my FNWF & FNSI on thursdays!! Thanks for the idea...

Yvonne W said...

I think you have achieved a great result considering all that is happening. I hope your eye is better or make sure you go back to the dr and see an ophthalmologist asap. I agree about shopping-- now I go fortnightly, but still loathe it. I keep thinking about online shopping-- operative word here is "thinking"! Take care.

marina said...

your loss of one eye didn't handicap you at all, gorgeous work Josie.
lovley to see your garden blocks making an appearance, love that design.
your NJ blocks are gorgeous too, I have enjoyed seeing this lot too, so pretty.
great finishes from your talented crafty friends.

Kaisievic said...

Josie, sorry to hear about your eye problems - that is no good at all! Lovely blocks, though and those quilts are sensational. You could always do your FNwF on Thursday night if that suited you better. No one would mind, (or know, really), I am sure.

Carin@Ullhärvan said...

I could be your neighbor up on that hill, Josie! I think you've managed a lot, I'm still behind on the June SAL. All your work looks terrific! I hope your eye will get better soon! xx

kiwikid said...

For a temporary cyclops you did extremely well with your sewing!! I can see the cyclops lurking in the bat cave...lol!! Sorry had an image in my head and it made me giggle!! Your Natures Journey blocks are beautiful. I am of the same opinion re the supermarket shopping...couldn't the groceries just magic themselves into the house??? Much more sewing time then!! Lol!!Hope your eye is better soon.

Rosie said...

Hope you are feeling a little better now, but despite your eye and shopping (feel the same way) you have some lovely blocks to show. All gorgeous.