Sunday 6 April 2014

FNWF..... I was there!

I'm not saying I did a whole lot but I did join in the fun and I did actually stitch..... on this


I love this design.    As you can see it's a Bustle & Sew pattern and I think it's gorgeous.  It's got a bit of everything.... piecing, hand embroidery and some applique with free machine stitching.   How about that for a real smorgasbord of pleasurable pursuits.

I subscribe to the digital magazine.  There are some really cute things to make and stitch in them.  Really great value too.

   
I'm using a bit of my little stash of Stef Francis hand dyed variegated silk to stitch the little saying.  It's lovely to stitch with.    Just seen some gorgeous,  must have hand dyed linen threads on her site too.  I think there'll be some button pressing going on here tomorrow.  


Now for something I made earlier.   Can you guess what it is?


I know.... why waste your time guessing when you know I'm going to show you anyway....


Here's Maisie sporting her custom made kitten harness!    Have to say it works much better than the shop bought ones which sport more straps and buckles than a bondage queen.  Getting a kitten into one of them is about as easy as nailing jelly to the wall.    I wonder if she likes it.... or if she feels like a complete prat!    

Now... I'm so chuffed with this book I wanted to share it with you .....


it's one for your Christmas list for sure.   Me... I couldn't wait for Santa and there is no sure fire guarantee that I can be good for a whole year.   A day perhaps.....



are you tempted?      

I'm off to bed now I need to get up early tomorrow.    I'm planning a lazy morning of blog reading and catching up with all your goings on.    Wanted to do that over the weekend but it was not to be... c'est la vie!

Wishing you all a fandabbydosie week
See ya soon...
Hugs 
Josie 

21 comments:

gracie said...

Think the kitty likes the new harness....and the book looks very interesting.

Marilyn said...

Such a well dressed kitty in the kitty harness, and definitely any way to make it easier to put on is a bonus. Lovely new stitchery too.

Raewyn said...

I'm sure Maisie is very happy in her custom built harness!! Your Bustle and Sew pattern looks lovely - I like the patterns too that have a bit of everything - suits my short attention frame :-) YOur new books looks very inspiring.

Susan said...

I think Maisie feels very special in her designer harness....no common, off the shelf harness for her! Lovely stitching projects happening.

Leanne said...

Lovely stitching project Josie, Love Maisies new harness to, does she like it?
The book is very nice, must look that one up.

Helen said...

Great harness ! The book looks as if it is full of beautiful projects.

Bev C said...

Hello Josie,

That stitchery is a gorgeous design. Love new books, got one in the mail today too.

Happy days.
Bev.

Elizabeth said...

I wish I could have a morning catching up with blogs and then stitching. Maisie looks lovely, does she walk on her lead?

margaret said...

your new project looks rally interesting. I am sure the Steff Francis threads will look wonderful, I also love Oliver Twist threads have nearly all her hand cotton ones.
Maisie looks relaxed with her harness, my daughter has bought at least 2 from the pet shop neither of which worked, the vet said the cat needed to lose weight but she has managed to cut down on his food and now he is looking much slimmer. Book looks interesting but I have said no more books for the moment!!!

Shirley said...

The stitching project is beautiful and the new book looks tempting too. Little Maisie looks chic in her new designer finery.

Anthea said...

Hi Josie♥
Your new baby is just so cute - we all know she is in the best possible home with you & your husband - of course I expect to see her lying all over your current WIP, watching you sew, sleeping on a pile of quilt blocks, unravelling threads & reels, generally causing some 'fun'...!! x

Jeanette said...

Love your Bustle & Sew project. Maisie looks fabulous in her harness. Hugs,xx

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful stitching and pattern. It looks like the kitten harness is working out nicely.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

I love your harness....any time I put anything on my cat he just falls over.

Wendy said...

Your stitchery is beautiful Josie and little Maisie looks so cute in her harness. So sorry to hear about Licky Lou, it is always so sad to lose a pet. xx

Rebecca in AK said...

Hi Josie! I just found your blog from Chookyblue's. I am new to blogging, just started mine on April 6. I have been reading blogs though for sometime. Love your embroidery project! Very clever idea for the kitty harness. I hope the kitty will like it.

Shari said...

Oh, oh, I sew very much love your kitty harness. My sweet Harpo (named by previous owner) would love to follow me around outside, but he cannot be free because I live beside a highway...past experience shows cats live up to the old adage of Curiosity killed the cat... and you are very right about pet shop harnesses...very undignified to sit on your cat to put it on him =) Is it possible to purchase a pattern or make a donation for a tutorial...please! (I am not above some begging *wink*)

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So beautiful!!! :)
Hugs, Ulla

Anita said...

What a great idea...a kitty harness. Looks sweet.
Cheers, Anita.

Deb R said...

Love kitties harness such a good idea, thanks for spending time with me for FNWF!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful stitching...Maisie looks very impressed with her new harness.