Pages

▼

Monday, 20 July 2015

FNSI (without frustrations)

That's right..... I had a calm and frustration free FNSI.   Why?  Because I did the grocery run on Thursday!    Beats me that I didn't think of doing that before.

Kitty arrived on Friday so I bullied persuaded her to join in the sew in too.   Except we didn't sew....

I had a sudden desire to play with yarn.   Not knitting.   I fancied an evening of crochet and who better to have around at a crochet-in than Kitty.   What she doesn't know about crochet you could write on the head of an applique pin.

Except for a miserable failed attempt to crochet a puppy (turned out more like a pear)  a few years ago I haven't picked up a hook for decades.   It took me the entire evening ( under the close scrutiny of Kitty) to come up with these...



If I'd been alone on Friday I'd have been very happy with 5 crocheted hexagons but as Kitty completed all of these.....


despite the fact that she was tutoring me..... I felt more than a little bit slow!   Still..... we both had a lovely tine with all you FNSI'ers on Friday.   I'm looking forward to visiting you all in the next couple of days to see just what you got up to.

Thanks Wendy for hosting another lovely evening..... I didn't sew but I did have loads of fun!

I couldn't shake the crochet bug on Saturday either.   I decided I'd practised enough to be trusted with some 'posh' cotton yarn I've been saving.......


I really think I like these.   I haven't a clue what I'm going to do with them so if you have any ideas feel free to share.   Must admit I'm feeling a bit addicted........

By the way.... when Kitty left this (Sunday) afternoon she'd made 87 hexagons!  She does everything at speed.   Oh... and I should mention that the pattern is free and available here at Crochet In Colour.

My sewing projects haven't been neglected but progress has been slow.....


I still need to outline the path on the Knot Garden with running stitch but at least it's been pieced.

Work has started on the July block of Natures Journey.....


Love...love... love it!!      Hope to get lots done on it this week.... eyes permitting.

On the subject of my eyes.... another visit to the Dr resulted in a diagnosis..... blocked tear ducts!   She prescribed some ointment which is suspiciously like axle grease only clear.   I was a bit dubious when I read the list of active ingredients and came across sheep wool!     Still... it appears to be working.   I've been doing my best to 'rest' my eyes as per Dr's orders... but it's been tough.  Hardly any screen time... hardly any e.mailing... hardly any blog visiting results in hardly any fun!

Hoping this week I'll do better.

Heck.... I've just realised I'm late for TV time.... better get a wiggle on right now....

Hope everyone reading this has an amazing week ....

See you soon
Hugs
Josie.....xxxx

24 comments:

  1. Hi Josie, glad your FNSI worked out. Love the crochet. Hope the ointment works on your eyes. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like your crochet resulted in a party of colours..how delightful to see, I will be happy to get that good someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crochet project is lovely Josie, wow your friend is a speedy one isn't she. I think those hexies would look amazing as a big cushion cover. Hope you are well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hexagons look great, Josie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colour choice in your cotton crochet wool, will make into a lovely blanket. Stichery also coming along well

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's lovely to have a play with some crochet for a change.
    Love your pieced fabrics for your NJ centre block it's going to be amazing.
    Glad your eye is improving.
    well done to Kitty on her crochet achievements too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on mastering the crochet!! Isn't it a cool sport? - and thanks for the link to the hexagons, I'll enjoy having a play with that. Good to see you're fitting in a bit of sewing too -your projects are gorgeous. Hope your eyes come right soon, maybe it's the influence of the sheep's wool (?!!) that made you want to play with yarn:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your crochet hexagons are pretty - love the colours of your posh cotton! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So enjoy reading your posts!! Good to hear FNSI was stress free for you! You are doing well with your crochet...so nice to have a buddy/tutor along too. Love your posh cotton, the colours are soooo nice! Hope your eyes are better soon....sheeps wool???? Sometimes it is scary to read the contents of things we put on or in ourselves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your eyes are rapidly improving. Sheep's wool? Lanolin perhaps? I love your crocheting and the colours are so pretty. You have me itching to make some now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The crochet bug is rampant at the moment.......love what you did with your posh cotton. Hope your eyes are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Liebe Josie,
    die kleinen gehäkelten Hexies sind ja toll ! So schönes Garn, das wird eine schöne Decke. Und was du wieder tolles genäht hast, ich bin überwältigt !
    Liebe Grüße
    Käthe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to have a friend join you for FNCI...LOL..
    your crocheted hexies are pretty..
    Oh that July Block is a HUGE one. seamed to take every spare minute I had to finish it...
    Pleased your eye is getting better...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your hexagon crochet patches the colours are beautiful, hope your eyes are getting better !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always nice to have some real company when crafting of any type. Glad you eyes are better - love your crochet hexies...maybe I need a new project...well maybe I dont need one...maybe I feel tempted by a new one...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can I please borrow your friend, Kitty, for crotchet lessons? I have not crotcheted for years and bought some balls of cotton to start-- but need someone by my side to guide me. Your effort looks fabulous. Is it a knee rug in the making?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Josie,
    what a wonderful post, really enjoyed reading it.
    Your little crochet hexagons are so adorable and I love the colors.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the crochet. It's something I just can't master, even when a friend tried to teach me. I think it's one of those things not for me.
    Glad your eyes are getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wonderful to have a stress free night (I hate grocery shopping!) and I love your crochet hexagons...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good luck with your eyes - I hope that ointment works. Sheeps wool, huh? lol Just go outside and rub your face on a sheep for free, then? ;D That cotton yarn crochets up so nicely! Love the definition of the stitches in it. I really like that one flower hexy you did in the earlier picture. The Garden Knot block is super intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love those sweet little crochet hexies. The colour combo is very soft and pretty. Haven't crocheted in years, but I have clicked on the link and think I might give it a go. Hope the ointment provides the relief you need for your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I do hope the "grease" is helping the eyes...........
    good to see some NJ progress........

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad your eyes are doing better! How nice for you to get in a good FNSI as well.:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope the "grease" the Dr. gave you is working and your eyes are improving every day! I love the yarns you have chosen for your crochet. Lovely colors! I have picked up my knitting again, it has been a while. Has Mac been watching, "The Last Alaskans" show. My husband has been enjoying that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time out to visit. I really do appreciate it. I'd really like if you leave a comment too. Makes me feel like I'm not just talking to myself here. Who am I kidding... I talk to myself all the time. Surrounded by fields of sheep there isn't much in the way of intelligent conversation hereabouts! ;o) You could help me stay sane......

Have a great day!
Hugs
Josie