Pages

▼

Saturday, 20 June 2015

Fiddling FNSI....

I missed all the sew - ins last month so I was really keen to make the most of Friday night.     Had to take mum to an appointment on Friday afternoon so I packed a little bag.....


Most of you girls get to stitch at football matches or swimming pools or at the athletic track.  Me... I get to sit in the car outside the Chiropodist.    For once mum timed her appointment well.... Gardeners Question Time was on the radio.    Stitching along with Bob Flowerdew (that's his real name) is as good as it gets!  

I did stitch Friday evening too.   Took advantage of a dry spell to take my stitching out into the garden.   Wasn't out there long before couple of  neighbours  popped over for a chat....


Blanche (I made that up) seemed very interested but I don't know if it was my stitching or Tiggy doing her yoga routine that fascinated her....


I haven't a clue what this position is..... have you?

All in all I had a good time.....


The June blocks for Natures Journey SAL are finally under way.   I haven't had much time for sewing/stitching since I got back from the cottage so it was lovely to spend some quality time with one of my most favorite projects again.      

Thanks for hosting FNSI again Wendy....  you made my day!   Love your new website by the way!!   

Well... TV time with Mac is almost upon me again so I'd better grab a bite to eat before I head into the Bat Cave with my stitching.

Roll on tomorrow... I'm taking time off from garden/building duties to spend a whole day blog visiting..... see you soon then  :o)

Hugs....
Josie  xxx

26 comments:

  1. Love your pictures, they are so cute, and so are your Nature's Journey blocks.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post Josie. Love your neighbour. :). Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It made me smile :-)
    Oh, Bob Flowerdew, blast from the past, used to be a lot on TV, but that is a long time since. He has is own website now: http://bobflowerdew.co.uk/
    Enjoy your Sunday! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello cows...OMG! Blanche's yoga made me laugh our loud at the computer screen...maybe Upwards Cat (as opposed to Downwards Dog...I think that is what is called, don't do the yoga)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. think that yoga pose is called 'stretching cat' lol
    lovely blocks Josie.
    Such a pretty moo peeking over your fence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely neighbour you have. Nice to have some portable sewing for times like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Tiggy is doing the three legged plank...or her version of it!! Lol! How nice for Blanche to visit!! Hee hee had to giggle at you waiting outside the chiropodist, for me it was the soccer or basketball!! Now Dr with the hubby! How nice to sit and sew out side> I really enjoy reading your posts they always make me smile or guffaw at the screen!! Very lady like of me...not!!! Enjoy the bat cave!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your take on your surroundings...gorgeous eye there and wonderful snaps...love your cat and the cow...adorable

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun neighbour!! radio in the car for stitching sounds good ...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad to see you had some stitching while you waited..........love your neighbours..........
    have fun catching up on blogs tomorrow..........

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love reading your posts, makes me smile😀...

    Pleased you got some stitching done sew you will have your June Blocks done for NJ. Yeh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really do love your posts Josie.....you have such a wonderful way of writing! Loved all the pictures of cows and yoga cats and hearing the gardening guys name is Flowerdew.....love it!! I would do anything to drive my mum to her appointments and sit in the car to sew! and I know you don't really mind either. C.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love a neighbour like yours. Good to see you had time for some stitchery and enjoy your blogging day

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your little sewing basket with the sweet birdie on it, sounds like a lovely way to spend your time :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Take any chance to do some stitching, whatever you're waiting for. Your blocks are looking great, and interesting stitching company too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Josie - what a laugh - love the neighbour and cat yoga...any time stitching is well worth it - looking great by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Josie,
    sorry for my english, but I would likt to write you, I love your pictures. I remember my childhood ! These lovely animals !
    It looks at my home as I was a little child.
    Happy stitching
    Käthe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you could join in Josie - great pictures. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful stitchery blocks. You had a lot of helpers, i see.

    Greetings from Germany
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, I'm in hysterics with Tiggy's yoga pose!! Just too darn funny!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You always make me laugh Josie, Love the cat pose and the cow sticky beaking over the fence. Your little blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. HI Josie, it's great to see your post ... and I've just discovered I missed one too! Love your sweeet pea quilt top and had a little giggle over your Mum's antics in the wheelchair... I do hope she's settled down a bit and travels at a slightly more elderly pace now? I really like your NJ blocks - gorgeous and the animals around you really do know how to entertain, don't they!! Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the photo of the catisthenics lol. What a lovely spot to be doing some stitching, much too cold to sit outside here!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the photo of the catisthenics lol. What a lovely spot to be doing some stitching, much too cold to sit outside here!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the photo of the catisthenics lol. What a lovely spot to be doing some stitching, much too cold to sit outside here!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Clever yoga cat, and glad to see the neighbours are taking an interest! Lovely stitching Josie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time out to visit. I really do appreciate it. I'd really like if you leave a comment too. Makes me feel like I'm not just talking to myself here. Who am I kidding... I talk to myself all the time. Surrounded by fields of sheep there isn't much in the way of intelligent conversation hereabouts! ;o) You could help me stay sane......

Have a great day!
Hugs
Josie